Do you want to:
- Improve your English ability?
- Study at a college or university in the USA?
- Speak better English for your work?
- Better understand American culture?
- Improve your TOEFL score?
For more than thirty years, the English Language Institute has helped thousands of people just like you.
History / Mission
The English Language Institute was organized in 1978 by a campus-wide interdisciplinary committee to provide intensive English language study for prospective UTK students, visitors, and professionals. Its mission is to offer a sound program of English-as-a-second-language instruction, to promote research in language pedagogy, and to provide a language learning resource for Tennessee’s non-English speaking public.